Manager of Global Payroll
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Manager of Global Payroll is accountable for all aspects of managing the AMER, EMEA, and APAC payrolls ensuring accuracy and completeness. This is a hands-on and strategic role responsible for the payroll function including preparation, distribution, processing, and the reporting of payroll to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. They bring leadership and global payroll expertise with proven problem-solving capabilities and a proactive approach to identifying areas for improvement and refining processes. The Manager partners closely with our internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure we are managing all our payrolls as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Own and manage the AMER, EMEA, and APAC payroll operations related to employee compensation and benefits, including payroll processing, retroactive and LOA payments, bonuses, new hires, terminations, relocations, and related federal and state tax compliance.
- Manage the payroll team and processes, including internal and external audits and reconciliations, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as well as legal standards.
- Partner with ADP for the AMER region as well as our global payroll services vendor and in-region teams to ensure timely and accurate processing in all countries.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure maximum support and ROI.
- Remain up to date on required knowledge of benefits and taxes across all regions.
- Define and modify payroll administration policies, procedures, and goals; maintain and apply internal control standards to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Partner with the Finance team to facilitate forecasting and remittance of payroll taxes, 401K match, and other related expenses as needed.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least eight (8) years working in payroll and at least three (3) years working with payroll outside of North America.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience with direct reports.
- Experience with Workday Payroll implementation strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Global Payroll aggregators and In Country Providers (ICPs) required.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize, and simplify work based on demand and meet deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving capability while taking a collaborative and proactive approach to identifying areas for improvement and refining processes for optimal accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and enthusiasm to learn and become proficient in new technologies and integrations.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment while being self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholder interests.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification preferred.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $100,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups