Manager of Technical Support
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Manager of Technical Support oversees our Technical Support teams in both daily operations and the execution of longer-term initiatives. They elevate both the team as a whole and the individual team members while guiding and developing them to meet their goals. The Manager also acts as a mentor to the Team Leads and ensures that the team is performing at its highest level. They work with vendors and other teams during both the onboarding process as well as the ongoing relationship between Technical Support and those vendors.
- Team Management
- Monitor team performance based on KPIs.
- Develop, refine, and maintain support SLOs and SLAs as well as their performance.
- Perform 1:1’s with Team Leads (and individual team members when necessary).
- Work with Team Leads to build and deliver performance reviews.
- Participate in interviews with potential new team members to help determine fit.
- Review both individual and overall team growth and employee development.
- Collaborate and align with departments related to Support.
- Develop and manage the onboarding & training processes for new hires.
- Operations Management
- Act as a major point in partner, vendor, and internal escalations.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop, optimize, and document support processes.
- Develop and manage quality of service processes aimed at improving the partner experience.
- Monitor and manage the team’s overall ability to successfully deliver service - based on capacity, coverage, capability, and resource availability.
- Product & Vendor Ownership
- Develop, refine, and manage the implementation of new products to be delivered to Support.
- Ensure Support representation during vendor cadence calls, product discovery calls, and POW.
- Acts as liaison between Support teams and vendors to ensure both are meeting the other’s expectations and that there is alignment between them.
- Knowledge Management
- Ensure teams are properly equipped with the necessary information and tools.
- Facilitate ongoing training for teams (either hosted internally or by vendors).
- Drive Knowledge Base, Pax8 Labs, and other learning resource generation and creation.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least six (6) months of experience within our Technical Support Department.
- Solid understanding of the processes and procedures of Pax8’s Technical Support department.
- Ability to effectively operate, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Ability to build teams with a strong identity that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strong communication skills around customer service with the ability to defuse situations where partners and/or customers may be dissatisfied.
- Ability to manage accountability while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to analyze and review processes in an agile manner.
- Ability to perceive a situation abstractly, determine where problems exist, and develop or execute solutions.
- Ability to identify work that needs to be done while delegating or performing related tasks as needed.
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting concepts as well as an understanding of cloud technologies and Pax8’s service offerings.
- Ability to work and collaborate with stakeholders from other departments and Vendors, to meet common goals.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $100,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-CL1 #BI-Remote #DICE-C
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups