Vice President of Product Management
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Product at Pax8:
Pax8’s product team leads the industry in defining what the global cloud product marketplace will be. We achieve this through collaboration, focus on business value, and pragmatic execution.
To ensure that what we’re building is easy-to-use, engaging, and sustainably monetizable, we’re passionate about collaboration across Pax8 and with our MSP partners. We clear barriers by compulsively assessing cost-benefit to ensure that the highest priority products can be brought to market quickly, that we’re leading the field in cloud-based SaaS distribution, and that we solve both user and business problems pragmatically through short incubation and frequent iteration. We build innovative products that demonstrably drive partner and customer acquisition, conversion, and retention, and bring our users clear, top-tier benefits.
The VP of Product Management crafts the overall product vision for the company and ensures that other departments and partners are aligned with the vision. They work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design peers, as well as senior business leaders to ensure that the company’s products deliver value for both customers and the business while looking for impactful future products and areas of investment. The VP creates a strong product culture and is an advocate for product thinking across the business. They ensure the teams ship products that drive strategic business outcomes over output in a highly scalable and repeatable manner.
- Owns critical business outcomes and serves as a key contributor to the company's strategy by fostering a product culture that prides itself on driving strategic outcomes and over-delivering features.
- Create a culture that enables the product, design, and engineering teams to work as a single unit to ideate products that look and feel exceptional.
- Be deeply knowledgeable about Pax8’s products; be a subject matter expert in the cloud IT space and know who the innovators are.
- Maintain a strong pulse on the cloud IT market to spot trends, anticipate needs, and uncover opportunities not just today but into the future.
- Foster a culture that doesn't just manage stakeholders but includes them as critical teammates in aligning behind business outcomes; make tough prioritization decisions, and rally everyone, including dissenters, around those decisions.
- Determine the appropriate staffing approach to effectively achieve our desired work objectives.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data into a complete picture of the short- and long-term impact of decisions.
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of the metrics that drive the business and use that understanding to guide strategic changes.
- Create a leadership culture that values learning, development, coaching, and growth.
- Define and scale the team's organizational design to optimize for achieving business outcomes.
- Promote and advocate for best-in-class product practices both internally and externally within the organization.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in product management or an equivalent role.
- Scrupulous about value for the business with an ability to understand and focus on what’s most likely to bring ROI.
- Ability to not let perfect be the enemy of the good.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and people skills.
- Ability to work with complete autonomy and minimal guidance with a bias to action.
- Proven ability to collaborate and problem-solve with diverse people in different parts of the organization, including different locations.
- Ability to vet the work, ask insightful questions, and be aware of assumptions and push on them, while caring about the details.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt to rapidly changing situations.
- Data-driven by nature, but comfortable making decisions.
- Track record of defining and delivering exceptional outcomes through innovative products.
- Expert design sense and strong empathy with our customers and vendors.
- Deep experience leading and growing teams of product managers.
- Strong technical acumen and extensive experience working with technical teams.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Periodic travel to Pax8’s offices, external partners, and conventions.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $230,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote #DICE-J
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups