Vice President of Platform Security
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Vice President of Platform Security is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the company's platform security program. This includes overseeing all aspects of security for the company's cloud-based platforms and services, as well as integrating security practices into the software development lifecycle (SDLC). The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cloud security, agile development, and DevOps practices.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive platform security strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goals and risk tolerance.
- Oversee all aspects of security for the company's cloud-based platforms and services, including infrastructure security, application security, and data security
- Integrate security practices into the SDLC, including security requirements gathering, threat modeling, security testing, and secure deployment.
- Manage a team of security engineers responsible for implementing and maintaining the platform security program.
- Ability to work with industry peers, standards bodies, threat intelligence groups and cybersecurity & infrastructure security agencies.
- Ability to establish a coordinated disclosure program and bug bounty program.
Stay up-to-date on the latest cloud security trends and technologies, and implement new solutions as needed.
- Respond to security incidents and threats in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to measure, report, iterate, and improve upon platform security program effectiveness using the latest data metrics, insight and analytics.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- 10+ years of experience in information security, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of cloud security, agile development, and DevOps practices.
- Experience in integrating security practices into the SDLC.
- Experience in managing a team of security engineers.
- Experience with managing and securing key intellectual property, patents, and proprietary information.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with security tools and technologies, such as SDLC security tools (static, dynamic, dependency, container, etc), cloud security posture management (CSPM) tools and security information and event management (SIEM) systems preferred.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $225,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-AG1 #BI-Remote #DICE-A
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups