Sr. Manager of Internal Events - Americas
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Sr. Manager of Internal Events – Americas creates and executes a diverse range of internal events that align with our organization's mission, values, and objectives. They curate team-building activities and maintain a comprehensive event calendar, ensuring each event adheres to a structured timeline, and manage an invaluable event "playbook" to optimize event coordination and execution.
The Sr. Manager leads a dedicated team of event professionals, fostering their development and ensuring seamless event management. They also manage substantial event budgets, ensuring that planning remains cost-effective and resources are allocated efficiently. Collaborating with our Internal Communications team, they engage employees and stakeholders by promoting and sharing information about upcoming events, fostering a sense of community and excitement.
The Sr. Manager is an innovative and detail-oriented leader who can bring creativity, organization, and strategic thinking to our event planning efforts, creating a vibrant and engaging workplace culture at Pax8.
*Please note that this is an in-office role, must be local to Denver.
- Event Planning
- Develop and oversee the execution of comprehensive internal events aligned with the organization's mission, values, and objectives that include team-building activities, employee incentive conferences, and recognition ceremonies.
- Create and own a comprehensive event calendar and timeline that outlines key milestones and deadlines for each event.
- Create and upkeep an event "playbook," a comprehensive and structured document that functions as the primary resource for orchestrating and managing events at Pax8 and includes in-depth guidelines, checklists, and procedures, ensuring the consistent, successful, and well-organized execution of events.
- Partner with Internal Communications to inform and engage employees about upcoming events and activities.
- Collect, analyze, and act on employee and stakeholder feedback to continuously improve internal events and initiatives.
- Lead and develop a dedicated team of event professionals, including event managers, coordinators, and support staff.
- Manage substantial event budgets to ensure cost-effective planning and resource allocation.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least ten (10) years of event planning experience preferably in a tech or corporate environment.
- Proficiency in event management and booking software.
- Hands-on experience with data analytics tools for gathering event feedback and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Demonstrated project management expertise, including effective multitasking and time management.
- Proven ability to successfully oversee large-scale internal events.
- Track record of leading and managing a team of event professionals.
- Familiarity with budget management and resource allocation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a talent for innovation.
- High emotional intelligence, enabling effective engagement with various stakeholders and the cultivation of strong relationships.
- Enthusiasm for promoting a positive workplace culture.
- Alignment with the organization's values, mission, and objectives.
- Adaptability and a capacity to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or similar certification is a plus.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $110,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups