Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Position Summary: As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer at Pax8, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cybersecurity systems, ensuring the highest levels of protection against cyber threats. You will work alongside a dynamic team and leverage your extensive experience to deploy cloud security solutions, assess vulnerabilities, develop security strategies, and lead incident response efforts.
- Cybersecurity Strategy - Develop and implement comprehensive cybersecurity strategies that align with industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and specific client needs.
- Implement security tools to support our security architecture, including but not limited to, email security, cloud security, identity system and endpoint security.
- Work with vendors and partners to take full advantage of systems, services, and support options available to the business. Participate in engagements to expand upon current platforms and explore new ones that may meet business requirements.
- Create new and update existing documentation regarding security related platforms.
- Coordinate and maintain security toolsets to support Pax8’s continuous monitoring of our enterprise and cloud environments.
- Documentation - Maintain detailed documentation of security configurations, incident reports, and procedures.
- Incident Management – Provide technical leadership and coordination for security incidents, including as a part of an after-hours coverage rotation.
- Team Collaboration - Collaborate with the IT department, other engineers, and third-party vendors to align security measures with business needs.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing cybersecurity solutions, with at least 8 years in a security role.
- Understanding of cloud security and identity management in cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity best practices, the threat landscape, and emerging trends.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the capability to mentor and guide junior cybersecurity professionals.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with industry advancements.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $113,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-AG1 #BI-Remote #DICE-A
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups