Product Management Intern
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Product at Pax8:
Pax8’s product team leads the industry in defining what the global cloud product marketplace will be. We achieve this through collaboration, focus on business value, and pragmatic execution.
To ensure that what we’re building is easy-to-use, engaging, and sustainably monetizable, we’re passionate about collaboration across Pax8 and with our MSP partners. We clear barriers by compulsively assessing cost-benefit to ensure that highest priority products can be brought to market quickly—and that we’re leading the field in cloud-based SaaS distribution. And we solve both user and business problems pragmatically through short incubation and frequent iteration. We build innovative products that demonstrably drive partner and customer acquisition, conversion, and retention, and bring our users clear, top-tier benefits.
The Data Product Manager Intern works to understand the vision, strategy, and building of one or more features that utilize data. They work closely with other Product Managers, Engineers, UX designers, and business stakeholders and help collaborate on a roadmap that delivers value for both customers and the business. The Intern learns techniques such as design thinking, user testing, and experimentation to generate insights to deeply understand our business and customers. They assist more senior product managers to prioritize enhancements that will have the greatest impact and manage engineering backlogs. The Intern creates product artifacts and participates in product processes. Projects may include but are not limited to: data products, AI/ML models, and UIs.
- Learn and participate in the software development process
- With mentoring and guidance, learn the basics behind how to read and implement a product roadmap
- Learn the importance of UX and basic design principles
- Learn about the cloud IT space and get a deep understanding of internal and external customers do
- Collaborate closely with the product and engineering teams to write good stories and assist in SCRUM ceremonies
- Learn techniques on how to measure user behavior
- Understand the inputs and outputs of various teams and help them accomplish their tasks
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ability to work with guidance with a bias to action
- Good communication, organizational, and people skills
- Willingness to collaborate and problem-solve with diverse people in different parts of the organization
- Ability to vet the work and ask questions; ability to seek help and push for clarity when needed
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Track record of completing tasks and projects on time and with high quality
- Willingness to accept feedback and coaching
Required Education & Certifications:
- Pursuing a B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Qualified candidates can expect an hourly rate beginning at $15/hour or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups