Sustainability and ESG Program Manager
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Pax8 is a forward-thinking and socially responsible organization dedicated to positively impacting the environment and society. We are committed to sustainability, environmental stewardship, and upholding the highest standards of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) performance. As we continue to integrate sustainability and ESG principles into our business operations, we are seeking a passionate and experienced Sustainability and ESG Program Manager to drive our sustainability initiatives and ESG reporting.
The Sustainability and ESG Program Manager develops, implements, and manages our sustainability and ESG programs. They play a key role in enhancing our environmental performance, social responsibility, and governance practices. The Program Manager is a results-driven leader who can work collaboratively across departments to drive sustainable practices and ESG transparency on a global scale.
- Environmental Initiatives: Oversee and manage environmental sustainability projects, such as energy efficiency improvements, waste reduction, and resource conservation.
- Social Responsibility: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance social responsibility initiatives, including diversity and inclusion programs, community engagement, and philanthropy.
- Sustainability Strategy: Develop and refine our sustainability strategy and roadmap, aligning it with corporate goals and industry best practices.
- ESG Reporting: Lead the development and publication of ESG reports, ensuring compliance with relevant reporting standards (e.g., GRI, SASB, TCFD) and regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with internal and external stakeholders, including investors, customers, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and employees, to gather data, address concerns, and promote transparency in ESG matters.
- Governance Practices: Work with leadership to strengthen governance practices, including ethics, risk management, and board composition.
- Data Management: Collect, analyze, and report on ESG data and performance metrics, using technology and tools to streamline data collection and reporting processes.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with ESG-related regulations, policies, and guidelines in partnership with the Pax8 Legal Team.
- Supplier Engagement: Collaborate with procurement and supply chain teams to assess and improve supplier sustainability and ESG performance.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in social impact, ESG/Sustainability program development, implementation, and/or GHG reporting development.
- Strong understanding of ESG reporting frameworks, sustainability best practices, and relevant laws and regulations.
- Solid understanding of ESG targets and putting processes in place to advance those initiatives.
- Experience utilizing the Benevity Platform and Data.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting, with experience in ESG reporting software or platforms.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Results-oriented with a track record of driving sustainability and ESG programs that deliver measurable results.
- Passion for sustainability and a commitment to the principles of ESG.
- Strong public speaking skills, history of influencing peers, and ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to engage cross-functionally to request resources, collaborate on projects, and coordinate events globally.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills; Always conduct themselves in a professional manner with proven relationship-building skills.
- Results-oriented with a commitment to establishing and executing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and other goals.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver training, executive presentations, and innovations in 1:1 and 1:many settings in live, virtual, or hybrid environments.
- Proven success in creating innovative and scalable business plans, analyzing results, and making appropriate modifications to continually improve the execution of strategies to deliver optimal success.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- A master's degree in an environment-related and sustainability-related field (e.g., Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability Studies, Environmental Policy, or a closely related discipline) is preferred.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $75,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups