Billing Operations Manager
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Billing Operations Manager ensures accurate billing and invoicing by executing the proactive observability and continuous improvement recommendations of our billing and pricing operations. They utilize data, tools, and automation to guide their recommendations and observability of the current operations. They will collaborate with Product and Engineering Teams, Finance, and Vendor Operation Teams to inform strategic roadmap work and provide efficient forensic analysis into the ROI of proactive adjustments to the billing and pricing operations. This role collaborates with Automation and Observability Engineers and with relevant Product Managers to achieve preemptive detection and remediation of potential billing issues in an impactful, scalable, and repeatable way. They define and report operational performance metrics and prepare plans for continuous improvement.
- Monitors billing processes to ensure performance and accuracy meet defined Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works closely with all teams that impact billing SLO performance to improve error and anomaly detection and mitigation.
- Understands the critical operational business processes the team oversees, documenting the processes, its triggers, and the signals.
- Examines current end-to-end process and recommends implementation of more effective ways.
- Collaborates with the Data Visualization team to create a billing services dashboard for automated detection and notification of potential issues.
- Escalates potential billing issues to responsible teams as quickly as possible.
- Be aware of and socialize changes in other areas of the organization that could impact billing.
- Creates data-driven product requests using metric optimization and SLOs that prioritize a customer-centric approach to the billing and pricing operations.
- Provides billing services updates and enhancement status to stakeholders and the leadership team.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years of experience in billing, invoicing, and financial software systems
- Experience with payment processing systems (e.g., Stripe), tax determination and reporting systems (e.g., Avalara), and general accounting systems and principles (e.g., Quickbooks, NetSuite)
- Experience writing basic SQL query statements.
- Experience using data tools (e.g., PowerBI) to tell a story that can drive decisions.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Software Development along with project management tools (e.g., Jira) in a technical software development environment.
- Deep understanding of SaaS product/services billing and payment models.
- In-depth understanding of billing systems and processes, with a focus on identifying potential issues and improving existing processes.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with experience managing multiple work streams across a variety of stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills with meticulous attention to detail. Excellent documentation/communication skills.
- Is a self-starter and able to work independently with a bias toward action.
- Proven ability to collaborate and problem-solve with diverse people in different parts of the organization.
- Data-driven by nature with the ability to communicate recommendations effectively.
- Track record of defining and delivering groups of enhancements that drive outcomes.
- Strong empathy with our customers and vendors.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $81,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote #DICE-J
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups