Data Management Analyst
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Data Management Analyst reports to the Corporate Senior Director of Data Management and is responsible for driving data quality improvements to enable increased accuracy in reporting and scorecards to drive improve decision making across the business. They will help define and implement new data management capabilities across the enterprise and will be a key contributor in operating data management . This role requires a combination of technical and business skills, experience with core data management capabilities, as well as experience working with large, complex data sets and promoting a data-driven culture across the organization.
- Supporting enterprise data stewards and other business and technical colleagues to develop business glossary terms and data attribute definitions, recording data lineage, and using this information for data enablement throughout the company.
- Demonstrate understanding of best practices and standards in at least two of the following data management capabilities: Data Governance and Stewardship, Metadata Management, Data Quality or Master Data Management
- Implement data quality as per the enterprise data quality framework, including data profiling, data quality rule definition and implement data quality validations, scorecards, and metrics.
- Provide direction, clarity and guidance on policy, process, master data, reference data, metadata standards, and template usage.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and provide recommendations for data-driven solutions.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy through the use of quality control processes and tools.
- Define and organize the implementation of data marts for multiple domains in collaborations with the data stakeholders and data engineering team.
- Design and implement data mart structures to support the organization’s data management needs.
- Coordinate and ensure the governance of the data assets.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and technologies related to data management.
- Be the liaison between key business stakeholders and the data engineering team, to help prioritize data improvement and data management projects.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- 3+ years of experience with Metadata/Data dictionaries management including technical/business content and data lineage.
- 3+ years of experience with Data Quality Assessments and Data Quality monitoring
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics technology
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal/team effectiveness – ability to communicate to various levels of management and employees succinctly and accurately.
- Experience in data mapping and data profiling
- Experience with multiple analytics tools g PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau
- Business acumen: ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Business knowledge for building use-case based datasets with business unit owners.
- DAMA CDMP certification or demonstrated practical experience and understanding of DMBoK knowledge areas.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methods and JIRA or similar tools is highly desired
- Global experience preferred.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Certified in data analytics, data management or similar
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $75,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups