QA Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
At Nyla, we are revolutionizing how people build, manage and participate in online shopping. Our front end platform is already enabling top tier brands to serve faster, more immersive shopping experiences to millions of users. We are looking for leading talent to join us in building the future of ecommerce. Our team is fully remote, so you can enjoy your role from wherever you feel most comfortable. We maintain a caring, inclusive team environment that encourages innovation and curiosity along with exceptional opportunities for ownership and growth. Your role as a QA Automation Engineer will be to:
- help review and evolve our current coverage of automated testing (expanding established end-to-end and visual testing pipelines).
- assist with manual functional testing of existing areas that aren't yet automated, before and after deployments to production
- assist with a UX-focused manual functional testing of new functionality
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Drive testing coverage of the Nyla app across both the Editor and end-user experience
- Ensure world-class usability of the Nyla Editing experience
- Ensure a superb merchant and customer experience at all touch points with the product
- You have solid demonstrable experience as a QA Automation Engineer doing end-to-end testing, preferably in Cypress.
- You excel at communicating clearly, efficiently and empathetically with your colleagues in both verbal and written form
- You thrive working independently in ambiguous, dynamic environments, using your problem-solving skills and creativity to consistently deliver results
- You can put yourself in the customers’ shoes, and are their advocate when it comes to making decisions
- Experience working with Visual Testing (Percy or similar tools).
- Understanding of overall CI/CD concepts and working with git.
- You have a strong understanding of the ecommerce landscape and the functionality and apps that leading merchants are using today in order to enhance their ecommerce stores
- You have a track record of testing features that influence millions of customers and/or Merchants
- You have experience working remotely with international teams
How To Apply:
- To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume/CV along with a cover letter including answers to the following questions:
- What’s the project you’re most proud of working on? What specific part of it did you contribute to? (up to 200 words)
- How do you keep up to date with the latest technologies in order to improve as a QA automation engineer? (up to 200 words)
- Finally, please describe your level of skill for each of these competencies (using beginner / intermediate / expert): Cypress, Percy, Manual Testing, Ecommerce understanding, Accessibility testing