Sales Manager, IoT Accounts, North America
Who we are: Altia provides a SaaS platform that enables automotive and IoT manufacturers to get easy-to-use, compelling, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on any embedded hardware. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide efficiently deploy amazing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Altia’s software solution is a proven winner and can be found in over 100 million products worldwide. Hundreds of companies, from GM, Toyota, Hyundai, VW, Medtronic, and Whirlpool trust and use our solutions every day. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
Who we want: We are seeking a high-energy, driven salesperson who likes a challenge and can grow current accounts and discover and develop new opportunities. This key hire will possess a natural flair for closing deals and driving revenue growth. This person will also come with a well-developed network both in and out of the embedded electronics markets and a solid understanding of embedded software engineering and tools.
- Drive design wins for embedded GUI/HMI projects for agriculture, construction, off-road, motorcycle, medical equipment, industrial, and consumer applications in North America with new and existing customers
- Work closely with Business Development Team to prospect for new business.
- Have the vision to see the solution to the business needs of customers.
- Profitably and consistently exceed revenue targets and quotas.
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with key customers and partners through relationship building, technical competence, strong listening skills, and a genuine passion to guide their success.
- Providing accurate sales forecasts that will be a key factor in overall company planning.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to drive new business opportunities.
- Ensure a long-term competitive edge for the territory through a value-added approach to prospects and customers.
- Rolls up sleeves when appropriate, to be an active participant in new product development, sales strategies and marketplace analysis.
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in sales within an embedded software environment, embedded display programming, device or screen-based user interface design.
- Familiarity with embedded development technologies and embedded software development tools
- An excellent communicator within a team as well as with customers over email, teleconferencing and face- to-face.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of consistently closing high-value deals. Utilize persuasive communication skills, product knowledge, and industry expertise to confidently address customer needs and objections, ensuring successful closures at every opportunity.
- Demonstrated success in solution selling, selling into the defined verticals and ideally selling embedded software solutions.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Prepared to travel ~50% of the time
- The successful candidate for this key role will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passionate about his/her work and driven by the success of the entire team
- Displays and inspires a culture of excellence and accountability with his/her peers and team
- Self-motivated, analytical, assertive, highly organized and detail oriented
Company Global Headquarters: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Location: Denver, Chicago, Dallas or Remote
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director Business Development and Sales, IoT
On Target Earnings (OTE) Range: $160,000 to $220,000
We pride ourselves on our high ethical standards and employee morale. We build based on a foundation of respect. We generously partner within our communities to support economic growth and accessible education for all, knowing that providing avenues toward careers in technology can end the cycle of poverty.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.